Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 4: Consado



Yeah, yeah…I’m behind on days.
No sign of the turkey but it was a VERY tiiiiiiiiring day. I had class from 9:00-12:30pm and then I had Spanish class from 3-5. It was my first real day in Spanish though. After a funny Spanish session and telling my Spanish teacher, “Yo soy sucio!!” (on purpose) me and Osvaldo headed to Casa de Arte. We had been scoping this place out for 2 days and it was on the way back to the house so it seemed worth our time. Plus, it had a sign so it seemed legit. When we went in we were greeted with giant Jesus and Guadalupe barbies that were either aged or ripped out of some church of adjustable Jesus’s. The traditional dress for women in Guatemala is a “Huipil” and boy oh boy did this shop have them. We were surrounded by beautiful handmade clothes and at a cheap price of $500 you could have the cheapest one! Most used Huipils were around $1000 or Q8000. It was a beautifully over priced shop fit for the best tourist! Later in the night I hit up an American sports bar with the rest of my Casa friends and housemates. It was called “Monoloco”. This place was pretty cool but turns out it was girls night which meant I had eye candy….LOL yeah I’m totally into that. Well it was still a BLAST. I got to know my housemates better and I had some expensive drinks so that was cool. I was not quetzallin that night :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment